School Board meetings are held in the staff room on Wednesday nights, commencing at 6.00pm.
Parent Nominations for School Board
The Balcatta Senior High School Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling parents and members of the community to engage in activities that are in the best interests of students and will enhance the education provided by the school. It is about providing additional expertise to help the school achieve the best outcomes for the students.
Function of the Board (as per accepted Department of Education and Balcatta SHS School Board Terms of Reference):
- Endorse the Delivery and Performance Agreement (DPA);
- Endorse and review the school’s Business Plan and policies;
- Endorse the annual School Report;
- Approve and monitor the school budget;
- Review charges and contributions;
- Review the school’s performance;
- Promote the school.
The School Board meets twice a term. It comprises parents, students, community members and school staff. Training and induction will be provided to School Board members throughout the year.
There is a vacancy for TWO parent representatives on the School Board. Parent representatives are appointed for a THREE year tenure.
Any parent interested in nominating for a position on the School Board is asked to complete the nomination form which is to be sealed in an envelope and placed in the ballot box located in the school’s Admin office by 4.00pm on Thursday 21 February 2019.
If you have any queries, please call 9345 8200 or email: Balcatta.email@example.com.
Meeting dates for 2019:
- 27 February
- 27 March
- 22 May
- 19 June
- 14 August
- 11 September
- 6 November
- 4 December
The functions of our School Board are to support the school to achieve the best outcomes for its students by:
- taking part in establishing and reviewing the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions
- taking part in evaluating the school’s performance.
- taking part in formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
- approving Charges and Contributions.
- approving the costs to be paid for participation in an extra cost optional component of the school’s educational program.
- determining, in consultation with students, their parents and staff of the school, a dress code for students.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR BOARD MEMBERS