About P&C Day WA
P&C Day WA was started in 2019 as a day for school communities to give thanks to their P&C for all their hard work and contributions. The day was celebrated by schools, parliament members, and other education stakeholders throughout Western Australia, with a range of different events being held to show appreciation for P&C members.
A few months before the 2020 P&C Day WA, we were hit with the repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic – meaning face-to-face celebrations of the day were unable to go ahead. Luckily many school communities throughout the state adapted to these unprecedented times and took to social media to give thanks to their P&Cs. It was great to see the strength of school communities shine through in these difficult times.
How to get involved?
• Spread the word!
• By paying your voluntary contributions - The P&C provides a forum for parents to obtain information about current adolescent issues and then work with the school staff to provide a better education for your children. This year the P&C is requesting $30.00 per student. This contribution enables the P&C to continue improving facilities for your children.
• Share your appreciation for the school P&C on social media, don’t forget to use the hashtag #PANDCDAYWA.
Current Office Bearers for 2021:
- President - Georgie Dragicevich-Knight
- Vice President - Stacey Litchfield
- Treasurer - Tony Bujaroski
- Secretary - Christine Durgutovski
If you are interested in volunteering and would like to know more, please email the P&C Committee: email@example.com.
Some of the key initiatives, the P&C have contributed to, include:
- Student Assemblies eg; ANZAC, Year 12 Graduation ceremonies
- Hydraulic bending machine for use in Design & Technology
- Barista coffee machine for our Hospitality students
- BBQ for school activities
- Sporting equipment
- Camera lenses and tripods
- Literacy resources
- Outdoor recreation equipment for Year 11 and Year 12 courses
- Furniture for library refurbishment
- Safety clothing for Chemistry students
- STILE On-line Curriculum package for Science Department
- Robotics (Ringbit and Bitbot)