At Balcatta Senior High School, we are committed to providing an engaging, creative and challenging curriculum in an inclusive learning community with a strong focus on pastoral care and student achievement.
Vision in Action
At the heart of our vision is a professional learning community with three key areas of focus:
In order to achieve our vision we will commit to the following outcomes:
- Create resilient, self-directed, lifelong learners
- Develop active, informed, confident, creative individuals
- Use data and evidence-based approaches to improve teaching and learning
- Have high expectations to work collaboratively in a professional learning community
- Maximise each student’s potential
- Acknowledge individual differences
- Use a range of pedagogies
- Build positive relationships
- Provide a safe, supportive environment
- Encourage student responsibility
Balcatta Senior High School is committed to achieving excellence in its two priorities:
- High quality teaching and learning
- Student engagement and well-being
Building the Future
Our values align with the Department of Education values of learning, excellence, equity and care. All of the members of the Balcatta Senior High School community strive to follow these values:
We treat all individuals with respect and care. Our relationships are based on trust and mutual respect. We recognise the differing circumstances and needs of our students and are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes for all.
We value teamwork, collaboration and the value of working in partnership with students, parents, teachers and the community in providing a quality education for our students. We place high regard on the personal and social well-being of all our students.
We have high expectations and strive to achieve excellence in all we do. The standards and expectations challenge all of us to be our best in both academic and non-academic outcomes.
At Balcatta Senior High School, we will collaboratively build a professional learning community with a commitment to quality teaching and learning. Students will develop their individual talents, critical thinking and technology skills by being actively engaged in the learning process. By maintaining a safe and creative learning environment, the whole school community will share responsibility to create active, informed citizens who are confident, creative, self-motivated and resilient.