Week 8 (Monday 6 September - Friday 10 September)
A big Thank You to our Student Services Team who organised Act Belong Commit Week (ABC week).
ABC week commenced first thing on Monday with a 30 minute video on; What is Act Belong Commit? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbJXxmIGhUk.
ABC = Act – do something; Belong – do something with someone; Commit – do something meaningful!
Throughout the week students were able to participate in many activities organised for recess and lunch, including but not limited to;
- Monday - Staff vs Student Volley Ball game
- Sparkle Art & Knitting
- Table Tennis
- Giant Games
- Osborne Primary School Year 6 - Strength and Fitness transition activity
- AUSLAN workshop
- Year 7's Social Media and Mental Health, Helping Minds
- Staff - Pay it Forward Bingo
- Tuesday - Dress in your House Colours day
- Year 11 Mentor - Lifelong Resilience, Helping Minds
- Wednesday - Staff vs Student Basketball game
- Song Writing
- Wednesday 6pm - Parent tips for talking to students about mental health and Headspace 'Help Me Help You'
- Thursday - R U OK? Day - add yellow to your uniform
- Video - 48 seconds introducing R U OK? Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lGuskjHfR0&t=2s.
- Tuart Hill Primary School Year 6 - Strength and Fitness transition activity
- Flash Mob - Specialised Dance Students danced up a storm
- Friday - Staff vs Student Dodgeball game
The Staff vs Student games held in the gym were a lot of fun with Staff winning all games!
The Flash Mob performance by our Specialised Dance Students was a hit on Thursday! Staff and Students joined in dancing to the Macarena at the end.
The dance videos can be seen by clicking on the link;
Year 7; https://youtu.be/9_iDTGXngCc
Year 8; https://youtu.be/xa-mDxQL8_0
Year 9; https://youtu.be/e_WnkxEkfpU
Year 11/12; https://youtu.be/XV_TCc7gIlQ
Macarena 1; https://youtu.be/jABC4bQJIeE
Macarena 2; https://youtu.be/sCBtR8IcUQI
Thank you again to the Student Services Team for planning the event and all staff who assisted with activities, it was a fun week for all involved.