All students are required to adhere to the Balcatta Senior High School Uniform Policy which reflects the requirements of the Department of Education’s Dress Codes for Students Policy.
Acceptance of enrolment at Balcatta Senior High School assumes an agreement between the parent/guardian and the enrolling student that the student will adhere to the Balcatta Senior High School Uniform Policy at all times. This Policy reflects the requirements of the Department of Education’s Dress Codes for Students Policy. The Balcatta Senior High School Council has endorsed the Uniform Policy which also has the full support of the Balcatta Senior High School P&C and School Board.
Uniforms are tangible evidence of the standards expected of students and play an important role in promoting a positive image of the school and creating a sense of identity for students. Uniforms provide a standard acceptable for clothing worn by students at the school.
The benefits of a uniform include:
- Promoting safety of students through easier identification;
- Keeping costs of clothing within reasonable limits for parents; and
- Assisting students to learn the importance of appropriate presentation.
Availability of uniform items: from Tudor School Uniforms online or at their Wangara store, 1/75 Excellence Drive, Wangara – Phone 9408 2666
Secondary Assistance Scheme (SAS): The State Government, through the Department of Education, provides financial support to eligible parents through the SAS which comprises of two allowances: Educational Program Allowance (EPA) and Clothing Allowance. Further information can be obtained by contacting: Schools Resourcing and Support Directorate, Department of Education, on 9264 4516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exemptions: Students who, for religious or health reasons, may wish to modify the school uniform are required to make an appointment with an Associate Principal.
BSHS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
School logo only; no stripes or denim.
- School polo top with BSHS logo:
- Years 7-9 students in navy blue only
- Years 10-12 students in white only
- School shorts, pants and track pants in plain navy blue
- School jacket or windcheater in navy blue with BSHS logo
- School skirts in navy blue with BSHS logo
- Leggings (navy blue only) are to be worn with shorts or skirts over the top.
Leggings cannot be worn as an item on their own.
- Enclosed shoes with plain white, navy or black socks or tights/stockings.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION (PE) AND SPECIALIST DANCE
Students to change into:
- BSHS PE top (red)
- Appropriate running shoes.
- Bathers, rash shirt or T-shirt.
- Plain black dance pants and black top
- Hair must be tied back.
When your child completes their schooling at Balcatta Senior High School, the recycling of school uniforms is encouraged and they can be handed in to the school.